Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our sweet baby boy is here

One week ago, on October 26th, our second sweet baby boy was born.  

Sandy and I went out for a really nice dinner with friends on Friday night and Grady went to Auntie Heather's house for a sleepover. At 4am on Saturday morning, I woke up to the realization that my water had broken.  I woke Sandy up and we both hopped out of bed and started cleaning the house! By 6am, we were done and ready for labour to start ... we would be waiting for a while yet! 

We went for a walk around 9am thinking that might help start things. The walk was lovely, but didn't do much to strengthen the contractions. I lay down for an hour at 11am. When I got up at noon, we spent some more time relaxing and chatting. By 2pm, I was starting to feel ready to get on with it! So, we went for another walk. This one was much more effective. When we got home at 3pm, contractions were fairly regular at about 10 minutes apart and I was having to concentrate to get through them. We called the midwives at 4pm and they arrived shortly after. I spent the next two hours walking around the house and stopping to breathe whenever a contraction came. Sandy walked behind me, rubbed my back, and was an amazing support throughout the whole day.

At 5:53pm, our precious little boy entered the world. It was an absolutely incredible experience ... very gentle and peaceful.  He weighed 8 lbs. 12 ounces and was 21" long. Sandy and I were both completely in love with him from the moment he was born.


All cleaned up and having snuggles in bed.


Brand new baby!



The midwives weighing the baby. (The lady on the right is Joanne, who also delivered Grady).


Grady meeting his little brother for the first time.


  

Our family. xoxo


One proud daddy.




1 comment:

Liz said...

Great photos! So happy for all of you!