Thursday, September 27, 2007

There's a baby in there!!!

We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday afternoon and it was incredible! I had to drink 3 full glasses of water 2 hours beforehand and then hooooold it until after the scan...that part was not fun!

But, seeing the baby was really cool. The tech took his time taking all of the measurements and then let Sandy come into the room. The tech turned the screen towards us and we got our first glimpse at this tiny little baby. It still looks kind of strange though! It's head was as big as it's body and it still has a little tail bud, but we could see it's arms and legs waving around and it was very cute! The tech showed us where it's brain is developing and showed us where it's heart is located --- we could see it beating on the screen. The official measurement was 167 beats per minute! Sounds good to me. :)

I had to work all day yesterday (teaching Kindergarten...ahhhh!!!) but as soon as I have time I'll go up to the hospital and pick up the images from the scan. I think they come on a disc, so I should be able to post them online. Check back for baby's first picture!

Oh, and the tech didn't tell us an exact due date, but he did say that the baby looks to be about 11 - 12 weeks old. I think Joanne (the midwife) will call us with a date when she gets the results from the ultrasound.

No comments: