Thursday, July 31, 2008

Letting go ... just a little bit!


At almost 17 pounds, Grady is getting too heavy for me to carry on the front for long periods of time. This makes me a bit sad because I love having him in the front where I can see him and check in whenever I feel like it. But, he's so heavy that my back and shoulders hurt a lot after about half an hour. Guess I have to face the facts that he's growing up and getting bigger!

So, for today's dog walk, I tried him out on my back. It was a lot easier to carry him that way, but he didn't like it much. We made it about 3/4 of the way through our walk before he started crying (and wouldn't stop!) ... so I flipped him around to the front carry and he settled right down ... even though he's a big boy, he's still my little baby :)

No comments: