Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting into mischief

Now that Grady is mobile, he is getting into a lot more mischief!

The other day, I quickly ran upstairs and left Grady on the main floor. While I was up there (for no more than a minute), I heard a "bang .... clink" noise. I ran downstairs to discover that Grady had pulled over a table that had a glass sitting on it. The glass broke and he had cut his finger .... all in under a minute! The cut was pretty small, but it was bleeding. Luckily it was close to nap time, so I applied pressure to his finger and took him upstairs for his nap. When he fell asleep, I was able to get a good look at the cut and also bandage it up a bit to stop the bleeding. By the time he woke up an hour and a half later, the cut had already started to close.

It was a good lesson to be reminded of ... accidents happen in an instant. This is a picture of the little cut on his finger. It's not a clear photo, but it was pretty tough to get him to hold still.




More mischief: Grady pulling apart Ryder's dog bed:





And getting into Ryder's toys:




Usually I shower when Grady is napping, but on this day he was awake, so I put him into his crib thinking he'd be safe there. Well, I came out of the bathroom and discovered that he can now pull himself up on the crib bars.



"Wonder what's going on out in the world today..."




Busted!







Thinking he's pretty cool!



(We lowered the crib mattress that evening!)

No comments: