Thursday, May 15, 2008

BumGenius ... diapers, that is!

Sporting one of his new diapers (front view)

side view


Chubby little thighs and big bulky bum!


Sitting up and looking out at the world.



Now that Grady is a bit bigger and I am starting to get the hang of this Mom thing, I thought it was time to try out the cloth diapers. Before he was born, I did tons of research on the different styles and brands of cloth diapers (there is a lot of variety out there!).

I decided to start our cloth diaper collection with a brand called BumGenius (Sandy laughed so hard when I told him the name of the diapers). Anyway, these diapers are categorized as a pocket diaper because there is actually two parts: an outside shell and an absorbent cotton insert. They come in a variety of colors - I ordered blue, green, yellow, and white. And, they are adjustable to fit most sizes (up to 30lbs.), so the diaper should last through Grady's diaper wearing years.

We've been using them for a couple of days now and so far, so good! They are easy to use, hold the mess well (no leaks!), and come super clean after going through the wash. The one drawback that I can think of is that they are kind of bulky ... I think some clothes might be kind of tight on his little bottom with a BumGenius on. No big deal right now though ... most days I still just dress him in a onesie and a sleeper ... then his feet are warm and I know he is comfy!

No comments: