Monday, May 5, 2008

"Grady's Way"



There is a trail behind our house where I walk Ryder every day. It's a really nice area where Ryder can run off of his leash and we both really enjoy it.

However, there is a stream that we have to cross. Ryder (being a dog!) just runs right through it. I (wearing runners and not wanting to get soaking wet!) carefully walked across a make-shift bridge consisting of a couple of fallen logs held together by a rope. Well, this "bridge" was slowly rotting away and wasn't very safe anymore ... especially when you are carrying your baby in a carrier.

So, this past weekend, my Dad and Sandy hiked in with some lumber and built a bridge so that we can safely cross the stream. It is very sturdy and there is absolutely no chance of me (or Grady!) falling in. When Sandy was telling his Dad about their project, Rob named the bridge "Grady's Way".

*To be totally honest, I probably would have continued to carefully cross the fallen logs, but my Dad, being older and much wiser, decided that this was not a good idea. Now that the new bridge is built, I definitely agree with him and am very happy to have it ... THANKS DAD!

No comments: