Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby Brain

There's this "condition" that they say pregnant women get: Baby Brain. I didn't quite get what it meant at first, but now I think I've got a pretty good understanding!

Basically, it means that you forget everything....whether it's an important detail or an extremely insignificant item. For example, I was trying to figure out Sandy's next set of dates for school. The operator at BCIT said there was a spot available in a course that will run from March to May of 2008. I thought this sounded perfect and started to register Sandy. After a few moments, I had to tell the operator those days wouldn't actually work after all. He (the operator) asked why....because I am having a baby in APRIL!!!! Trust me when I say, it's a little embarassing to have to say that you forgot that you are actually pregnant.

The other night at curling I was showing a rookie third on the opposition how to use the measuring stick to measure rocks for points. Well, partway through my explanation, I forgot what I was saying and had to look to my skip to finish! Also, an embarassing situation.

Not to mention the daily things....like forgetting that I already told someone a story and repeating it five times before they remind me that yes, I already told them this!!! (that really drives Sandy nuts :)

And, not only am I forgetting things, but I have also become an even bigger klutz than before (if that's posssible!). On Monday, we were taking Ryder for a walk and I managed to walk right into this huge tree branch that was hanging down....ended up with a big scratch on my forehead for that one!

Let's hope I make it through the next 5 months and give this baby it's own chance at life!

No comments: