Sunday, October 7, 2007

Nursery decor




Okay, I know it may seem early to be talking about decorating the nursery, but I love these kinds of projects, so I've been thinking about it a lot!

My plan for the nursery is to do an outdoor garden theme. I'm hoping this is an idea that will be gender neutral and also soothing for a newborn....and me when I'm up at 3am feeding the baby :)

The first picture shows the different fabrics. The blue fabric is for the curtains that I will be making. The plaid fabric is the crib skirt. The green fabric has the same design has the blue fabric, but doesn't have a purpose quite yet.

The blue butterfly is from a garden shop in Victoria and already hangs from the ceiling in the spare room (soon to be nursery!). It is really pretty and will probably stay in the corner of the room .... it may end up over the crib .... depends on where the crib gets situated.

With a couple of nice pictures on the walls and a few stuffies in the shape of a ladybug or a caterpillar (actually, I think I still have a beanie baby caterpillar in a box downstairs), I think the room will be complete.

Any comments or suggestions?

No comments: