Monday, October 15, 2007

"Officially" in the Second Trimester

If I count back from the due date calculated from the ultrasound, I am exactly 14 weeks tomorrow. This is very exciting for a couple of reasons.

Reason #1: 14 weeks!!! YAY! I am *just* a little bit more than a third of the way through.

Reason #2: I have a midwife appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 9am (will be changed if I get called in to work). If there isn't any work, then I should get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. I am really looking forward to it.

Reason #3: There seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding the actual start of the second trimester - some people say 12 weeks, some say 13 - some say that when you are 13 weeks pregnant, you are actually in your 14th week, so that counts (confusing!). Regardless, I figure at 14 weeks, we are "officially" in the second semester.

So, here's to the second semester! Let's hope it is as great as the first one. Aside from feeling a bit more tired than usual, I've been incredibly lucky and have been feeling great! Fingers crossed that it continues....

No comments: