Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby's Due Date


Today was Grady's due date. The day we had marked on our calendar ... the day we told everyone when they asked when he was due ... the day we had in our minds for welcoming our new baby.

I'm sure that over the next couple of years, the importance of April 15th will fade and we will mainly remember his birthday. But right now, today seems very special. I am so happy and feel so fortunate to have a son (I have a son ... crazy!!!) who I love so much. He amazes me every single moment of each day.

And, he is such a good baby! He hardly ever cries --- unless he is hungry and I am taking too long to feed him. But, even then, it is only for a few moments. He is sleeping really well ... in 2-3 hour stretches during the day and 3-4 hour stretches during the night. He has a "perfect latch" and feeds often, which means that he also goes to the bathroom often! I am constantly reminding myself to enjoy him because he is going to grow up so fast ... already time is flying by!

No comments: