Thursday, April 10, 2008

Highlights from our day



Grady:

Joanne came today to check up on how we are all doing. She weighed Grady ... and then she weighed him again. She said, "That can't be right!" He weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces now!!! She was amazed that he had gained back all of the weight he lost and was actually 2 ounces more than his birth weight. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until Joanne said that usually, it takes about three weeks for babies to get back to their birth weight! I guess all that feeding is paying off.

Me:

I felt so much better today. I think I am starting to heal because getting around was a lot easier and not nearly as painful. I even left the house today for some fresh air. We took Grady on his first picnic! It was a sunny day so we packed a lunch and went to a local park for some fresh air. It felt so great to be outside (I've never been cooped up in the house for four days straight before .... and hope to never again!) I was so happy to be outside that I convinced Sandy to come with me for a short walk around the block this evening. He didn't think I should go because Joanne said "no activity" for ten days, but I took it really easy. It is just so enjoyable to be up and moving around and feeling a little more human.

Physically, I am feeling much better. Emotionally, I am still doing really well. I havn't had that breakdown that Joanne warned us about, but today I was feeding Grady and just watching him. He is so amazing. I can't even express how much I love him. I got a little sad thinking about all the bad stuff that is out there in the world (watching the news is not a good idea right now) and how he is going to grow up one day and have to deal with it. I just want to protect him from everything and always keep him happy and safe.

Sandy:

Today was Sandy's last day off. It's been so great having him at home with us for the past four days. I know I will always treasure the moments that we have had together as a family.

Funny moment from today: Sandy has been doing the majority of the diaper changes. One time today when he was changing Grady, I was upstairs chatting with him. He put Grady on the change pad and unbuttoned his sleeper and took off his diaper ... Grady peed all over the changed pad and himself ... Sandy completely took off all of his clothes and started again ... he got a clean diaper on him and was starting to get him dressed when Grady pooped in his brand new clean diaper!!! We (I) chuckled about that while Sandy took that diaper off, cleaned him up, and then started to get him dressed again. He was almost finished when I noticed that he hadn't even put a diaper back on him ... just buttoned up his undershirt and pulled down his sleeper, so he unbuttoned everything and started right from the beginning ... again!!!

No comments: