Sunday, April 13, 2008

One week ago








One week ago today our lives changed forever: we became parents to a perfect baby boy, Grady. We love him so much ... it's amazing.

The first picture was taken at 38 weeks, 5 days --- the day Grady was born. The next three pictures were taken today --- at one week old. He is lying on a special quilt made just for him by my Mom. I'm going to use it as the backdrop when I take his monthly photo (to show how much he has grown).

Already, he is changing and growing up. He opens his eyes for longer periods of time and looks around. He looks towards me if someone else is holding him and I am talking. His little neck muscles are getting stronger daily - he can already lift his head up for short periods of time.

I had a visit from a friend today who is expecting her first baby in 6 weeks. Seeing her rub her tummy made me a bit nostalgic for when Grady was still inside me and kicking and moving around. I do miss being pregnant, but having him here with us is so wonderful that I can't imagine our lives without him.

No comments: