Saturday, April 19, 2008

There's nothing cuter than a sleeping baby


Grady sound asleep at 13 days old.

When you have a new baby, the new topics of conversation seem to be poop and sleep. I'll spare you the poop details ... other than to say that there is a lot of it!

As for sleeping, Grady is pretty good at it and already seems to have a bit of a routine (which I am sure will change often!). But for now, we usually get up for the day around 9am. He is awake for about an hour until 10-10:30am. For the rest of the day, Grady eats every two hours and spends the rest of the time sleeping. I try to keep him awake for longer periods of time so that he'll sleep more at night, but that doesn't always work out (usually because I want to have a nap!)

Our evening routine includes a feeding before bed (about 10pm), one around 2am, and then one around 5am. I don't mind waking up to feed and change Grady ... that part doesn't bother me at all. It's when he wants to stay awake and "chat" that I get tired. Like last night when he was awake from 2 am until 4am ... two hours ... two looooong hours!

No comments: